China offers the most competitive and best-value English-medium MBBS programs in the world. For this reason, it is presently one of the fastest-growing destinations for overseas students who want to study medicine.
According to overseas education consultants in India, China has been one of the most popular places for Study in China MBBS medical studies in recent years. Last year, more than 10,000 students traveled to China to study medicine, most of them picking an English-medium MBBS program. You may have doubts about why they unhesitatingly to chose China as their medical career starting ways Before you read more, do check out our Ultimate Guide to Studying in China, with facts about living costs, COVID updates, and other rules.
As of 2020, the Chinese Ministry of Education listed 45 medical institutes approved to offer English-taught MBBS programs in China. Ready to study at one of these schools? First, let’s discuss in-depth what to expect when you apply for the program!
Due to the global pandemic and the rapid handling and successful control of COVID-19 in China, more international students are choosing to Study MBBS in China and it is becoming more competitive.
We have a Covid-19 Update tracker that we update each week with new information about when students can enter China.
MBBS Program Overview
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. It is one of the most sought-after undergraduate degrees in China and the world. Key Facts regarding MBBS in China
Duration: 5-6 Years 45 Medical Schools in China that offer English-language MBBS English-Taught Each program offers 50-100 Seats per year Recognized by World Health Organization
Most medical universities in China provide the MBBS program for 6 years. You will complete 5 years of classroom training to have a solid medical understanding. The remaining 1 year is focused on a hospital internship to develop your clinical abilities.
Here’s a sample MBBS curriculum in China.
Why Choose MBBS in China
1) High-Quality Education with Affordable Tuition Fee
China is a global leader in the field of contemporary medicine. Many of its medical universities are also ranked among the top 500 medical universities in the world. MBBS programs in China are established based on international standards and are therefore on par with Western MBBS degrees.
The best element of medical education in China is the inexpensive tuition rate. It’s 70% cheaper when than those in Western countries. There are also thousands of options for scholarships and grants.
2) Quick Admissions Process
The ease of admission for MBBS in China is unlike any other in the globe. Eligibility criteria are basic and can simply be produced by students. International students are also not required to take an admission test to study MBBS! This saves you time from stressful admission procedures and intense competition. China Admissions can further assist you in preparing the relevant documentation. Learn more here.
3) Global Recognition
MBBS programs in China are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and are featured in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) (IMED). Graduates of MBBS from China are also eligible to take several national medical screening tests in many areas of the world.
These are more reasons international students prefer to study MBBS in China! Learn all about them in this article.
Admissions Information to Study MBBS in China
To study MBBS in China effectively, make sure you first meet all of the following requirements:
A. Eligibility Requirements
• Minimum of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB), and Math. Students must specifically have an excellent average grade in Biology to increase their acceptance rate \s• Minimum of 70% in Mathematics \s• 18 years or above upon application \s• Hold a high school diploma or above \s• Applicants have to have solid financial support to afford the study and living expenses in China
B. 3-Step Application Process
1) Search for MBBS programs and click on the apply button.
2) Upload the required documents and wait for admittance confirmation. If accepted, you will be sent an invitation letter.
3) Pay the needed costs, get your visa and get ready to study MBBS in China!
C. Easy MBBS Application Service
Do you want to apply for MBBS in China without the complex and hectic application procedures? China Admissions offers an MBBS Application Service that will make the application process easier and smoother. At a very low charge, you get plenty of goodies which include: Fast-tracked priority application Free personalized consultations
• Guaranteed entrance to at least 1 MBBS program Timely feedback and more!
Where is a Chinese MBBS degree valid?
What countries recognize Chinese medical degrees? If you study MBBS in China and graduate in good standing, there are truly numerous options accessible to you around the world. You will merely have to undergo the medical examination of each country to be licensed to practise, such as:
• Medical and Dental Council of Pakistan (PMDC) Medical Council of India (MCI) Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) Council for Medical and Dental Professions Medical Professions Council of South Africa
• United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) Caribbean Association of Medical Councils (CAMC) (CAMC)