December is the month of weddings in India and if you’re planning to tie the knot this season, chances are you’re also on the lookout for the best honeymoon destinations in India to visit. There are a multitude of options to choose from, whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an action-packed adventure. To help you narrow down your search, we’ve compiled a list of 10 of the best places to visit in India this December for your honeymoon. So, if you’re ready to start planning your post-wedding escape, read on for our top picks for Honeymoon destinations in India this December.
Table Of Content
- Top 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
If you and your spouse are looking for a romantic getaway this December, consider Kerala. This state in India is known for its beautiful scenery, including beaches, mountains, and rivers. There are also plenty of activities to keep you busy, such as hiking, bird watching, and visiting temples. You can even go on a houseboat cruise down one of Kerala’s many waterways. When it comes to accommodation, there are plenty of options ranging from luxury hotels to more affordable guesthouses. No matter what your budget is, you’re sure to find somewhere to stay that suits your needs.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the best honeymoon destinations in India to visit this December. With its beautiful beaches, stunning sunsets, and clear blue waters, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the perfect place to relax and enjoy your honeymoon. December is also a great time to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as the weather is cooler than in other parts of India.
Lakshadweep, an archipelago of 36 islands in the Laccadive Sea, is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India to visit this December. With its white sandy beaches, clear blue waters and lush green vegetation, Lakshadweep is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of India.
The islands of Lakshadweep are fringed with coral reefs which make for great snorkelling and diving experiences. There are also many activities such as kayaking, windsurfing and fishing that couples can enjoy.
Lakshadweep is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and spend some quality time with your partner. So if you are looking for a romantic getaway this December, Lakshadweep should definitely be on your list!
Sikkim is a state in northeastern India, bordered by Bhutan, Nepal and the Tibetan Autonomous Region. The state has a population of over 607,000 and an area of 7,096 square kilometers. The capital city is Gangtok.
Sikkim is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India due to its natural beauty and serenity. The state has some of the best trekking trails in the country and is also home to the world’s third highest mountain, Kanchenjunga. Sikkim is also known for its Buddhist monasteries, which are worth visiting.
If you are looking for a romantic and peaceful honeymoon destination, Sikkim should be at the top of your list.
If you and your partner are looking for a romantic getaway this December, consider Himachal Pradesh. This beautiful state in northern India is home to snow-capped mountains, pristine lakes, and picturesque villages. You can spend your days hiking, skiing, or simply relaxing in your luxury resort. And when night falls, you can retire to your cozy room and enjoy the stunning views of the stars shining overhead.
Uttarakhand is one of the best places to visit in December for a honeymoon. The state has a lot to offer in terms of natural beauty, adventure, and culture. Here are some of the best things to do in Uttarakhand on your honeymoon:
1. Take in the stunning views of the Himalayas: Uttarakhand is home to some of the tallest mountains in the world. Take in the breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks and glaciers while you are here.
2. Visit Nainital: Nainital is a beautiful hill station situated in Uttarakhand. It is known for its pristine lakes and picturesque surroundings. Spend some time exploring this charming town on your honeymoon.
3. Go for an adventurous trek: There are many popular trekking trails in Uttarakhand that offer an incredible experience. Explore the majestic mountains and get a taste of adventure on your honeymoon.
4. Indulge in some Ayurvedic treatments: Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that uses natural ingredients and herbs for healing purposes. Experience the benefits of this traditional therapy on your honeymoon by indulging in some Ayurvedic treatments at one of the many resorts available here.
5. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is a small town located on the banks of river Ganga. It is considered to be one of the holiest cities in India and
Jammu and Kashmir
If you and your partner are looking for a romantic getaway this December, consider Jammu and Kashmir. This beautiful state is home to some of India’s most scenic landscapes, from snow-capped mountains to serene lakes. You can even take a luxurious houseboat ride on Dal Lake in Srinagar.
Whether you want to hit the slopes at Gulmarg or explore the historic Mughal gardens, Jammu and Kashmir has plenty to offer honeymooners. And with temperatures dipping at night, it’s the perfect place to snuggle up with your new spouse. Just be sure to pack warm clothes!
This year, make your December honeymoon one to remember by visiting Goa! With its stunning beaches, delicious food, and lively nightlife, Goa is the perfect place to relax and celebrate your new marriage. Here are some of our favorite things to do on a honeymoon in Goa:
1. Spend a day lounging on Palolem Beach. This secluded beach is the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy some quality time with your new spouse.
2. Visit Old Goa to explore its history and architecture. This former Portuguese colony is full of fascinating buildings and monuments that are sure to impress.
3. Sample the local cuisine! From spicy vindaloo to fresh seafood, there are plenty of delicious dishes to try in Goa. Be sure to wash it all down with a glass of feni, the local spirit made from cashew nuts or coconuts.
4. Hit the town for a night out on the town! Whether you want to dance at a nightclub or simply stroll along the beachfront, Goa offers plenty of options for an enjoyable evening out.
5. Ready for some adventure? Take a day trip outside of Goa to explore one of India’s many National Parks or go whitewater rafting on the Mhadei River.
No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to have an unforgettable honeymoon in Goa!
The land of the Maratha warrior king Shivaji, Maharashtra is a state rich in culture and history. Situated on India’s west coast, it is home to India’s financial capital, Mumbai. For couples looking for a romantic getaway, Maharashtra has much to offer. The state has some of India’s most beautiful beaches, mountains, and temples.
December is a great time to visit Maharashtra as the weather is cool and pleasant. Couples can enjoy the many sights and sounds of Mumbai or head out to one of the state’s smaller towns for a more laid-back experience. There are plenty of romantic places to explore in Maharashtra, making it one of the best destinations for a December honeymoon.
Karnataka is a state in the south western region of India. It is the largest state in the south and comprises 30 districts. Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka, is also the Silicon Valley of India and one of the most rapidly growing cities in Asia.
Karnataka offers a wide range of tourist attractions ranging from historical sites and temples to beaches and national parks. Some of the most popular tourist destinations in Karnataka are:
1. Bangalore: The capital city of Karnataka, Bangalore is also known as the Garden City due to its many gardens and parks. The city is home to some of the best shopping malls, restaurants, bars, clubs and cafes in India. Bangalore is also a major IT hub and has many multinational companies headquartered here.
2. Mysore: Located about 140 km from Bangalore, Mysore was the former capital of the Wodeyar dynasty. The city is home to many palaces and temples, including the world-famous Mysore Palace. Mysore is also known for its silk industry and sandalwood products.
3. Hampi: Hampi was once the capital of the Vijayanagar Empire and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ruins of Hampi are spread over an area of 26 sq km and include many temples, palaces and other structures built by the Vijayanagar rulers.